Types of Fasle Lashes
Types of False Eyelashes
Different types of false lashes allow you to achieve almost any type of look you want. Your lashes can go from bold and dark, to natural and light. They come in a variety of colors including all the shades found in natural lashes. Some are time-consuming to apply while others go on in minutes. The variety allows you to look natural or dramatic and they also come in different lengths.
These are made up of several single strands which are joined together along a band which is the base, so all the lashes are applied in one as a strip. The strip is glued to the skin of the eyelid, as close to the lash line as possible as opposed to the cluster lashes being glued to the actual natural lashes. They give a dramatic effect and can last 24 hours. Mascara can be applied with care.
Benefits of Strip Eyelashes:
- They are glued to the skin rather than actual lashes, so are easily removed
- Great for a special occasion or a single night out.
- There is no need to wear mascara on them.
- There is no need to wear mascara on them
- They give a really dramatic effect to the eyes.
- They make the eyes appear bigger and lifted.
- Re-useable (upto 8 times on average depending on style)
- Resist lifting and extra comfortable to wear for up to 24 hours at a time.
These are made up of several single strands which are joined together at one end to form a cluster (knot). Several of the clusters are glued closely together into the natural eyelashes along the lash line. They last longer than strip lashes and give a more natural effect. They need to be removed properly using a solution that dissolves the adhesive. They can be curled and mascara can be applied to them. The clusters can last for up to 2 weeks, depending on the shedding cycle of your natural lashes. Clusters will gradually fall out as the natural lashes go through their shedding cycle. These are NOT to be confused with SEMI-PERMANENT EYELASH EXTENSIONS
Benefits of Individual Eyelashes:
- They can last 1-2 weeks
- An eyelash curler can be used on them
- There is no need to wear mascara, (although it can be applied) so good for people who don’t have time for makeup, or who are allergic to makeup.
- Eyelashes appear longer and thicker, good for people with short or sparse lashes
- They make the eyes appear bigger and lifted
- Ideal for clients who want an enhanced but a more natural look
*Information courtesy of http://www.eliseeyelash.com